Saturday, July 9, 2011

Alainee: 2 Years

2 years old already. I know that time is moving at an alarming rate, but how did this precious little girl turn 2 already?  It seems like just yesterday that Karmyn and I were making a mad dash into the hospital at 2 a.m. so we didn't miss her arrival (only to wait many, many more hours for her).  Well, let me tell you - she was definitely worth the wait.

I am already a little overly sentimental this week, but let me tell you just how much I adore this family. Bri and I were destined to be friends, I just don't think we knew it until she got engaged.  I consider myself so fortunate to have found a friend in her.  Dress shopping weekends and countless email strings of wedding decor and picture trading - there aren't too many people in this world that love planning a wedding as much as we do!

And then little Alainee was born (which, to prove just how much we think alike, was the exact same name I was going to name Ryder if he would have been born a little girl).  I remember us hearing the music play when she was born and then seeing Troy's face as he walked in to tell us all about her.  He was just in awe and so much in love with his little girl, just minutes old. When I finally got to meet her, it was easy to see why.  She was beautiful, just like her mommy.  She was perfect in every way!

So yes, I am sappy, but I love this little girl (and to be honest, her whole family).   2 years has gone by too fast. Happy 2nd birthday Miss Alainee Grier.  I hope you know just how lucky you are!

















No comments:

Post a Comment