Sunday, April 3, 2011

A Successful Unsuccessful Fishing Trip

Ok, so we didn't catch a single fish.  As a matter of fact, we didn't even get a single bite!  Yet, I am still counting it as a successful trip.  A couple hours with my boys on the river, what can beat that?  I want my boys to have as many memories of fishing as I do.  My sister and I went fishing with my grandparents all of the time.  There was nothing better to do as a kid.  It is one of my favorite childhood memories - sitting in anticipation waiting for that first bite, the thrill of feeling that familiar tug and reeling as fast as you can so you don't let it get away!  There is something to be said for being away from technology, toys, and the distractions of every day life. And I hope when my kids are grown, they take their kids fishing, and are as reminiscent about our fishing trips as I am about mine.

It didn't seem to matter to Ryder or Brecken that they didn't catch a fish and the minute the line hit the water, they "had a bite".  Their enthusiasm never waivered!  The minute Ryan had one line free from the snags and back in the water, the other was needing attention.  I never tired of listening to them giggle as they reeled in branches and weeds.  If they had this much fun without catching fish, I can't wait to see how much fun they have when there is a fish on the end of their line!













No comments:

Post a Comment