Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Avett Cruz: 3 Months

I can say, without any uncertainty, that Avett has taught me that there is still a hell of a lot that I don't know!  As my fourth kid, and my fourth boy at that, how can I still be so clueless?  Oh, the lessons I have learned from an incredible little man that has only been in this world 12 short weeks!

I'm kind of a planner. I like to feel like I am in control. Things seems to run smoother when they go as planned......until Avett taught me otherwise.  I have never in my life felt my world spiraling out of control more than when he decided to make his entrance 5 weeks early - during the middle of my basketball season and right in time for Christmas! Without having his room finished or bag packed, I reluctantly headed off to the hospital as we scrambled to line everything up for his big brothers.   And after a VERY long night for Ryan, my mom, Alli, and myself, we finally got to see the little man that instantly stole our hearts! He was perfect and the minute his big blue eyes met mine, I was glad that he deterred all of my plans. 

Ryan and I felt like new parents in the NICU, we were clueless.  We were being taught how to feed him, change him, and how to handle all those wires and beepers.  I couldn't plan anything with him.  I had to just sit back and let things happen when they were meant to.  I couldn't make him come home on my schedule, it was all up to him.  And once I finally came to terms with that, he was on his way home.  Another lesson learned......many more to come :)

So, Mr. Avett Cruz, thank you for teaching me that sometimes the very best things happen when things don't go according to plans.  And thank you for giving me 5 more weeks with you because forever just doesn't seem like enough time to spend loving you....


No comments:

Post a Comment