Sunday, March 13, 2011

Kids in My Bed? Yes, please......

Here is how our Saturday started (which isn't unlike most of our mornings)....


It doesn't matter if I wake up to this a million more times, it never gets old, and it always makes my day start a little brighter.  I love that the first words out of Vance's mouth after he has crawled out of his "castle" of pillow pets and sleeping bags is always "Hi Mom", and that I have absolutely no room to move because any open space has been completely consumed by Ryder.  I love that Brecken is stuck to Ryan like glue and will stare at him, inches away from his face, waiting very impatiently for him to open his eyes.  And now Avett gets added to all of this!  He is never too far away from me, sleeping in his co-sleeper, but every weekend morning, when we aren't so rushed to go tackle the day and can lay in bed, he always joins us and stares wide-eyed at his brothers.  What a life I have been blessed with!

So, it doesn't matter how many times I hear the comments about me letting my kids sleep in bed with me, or how crazy we are (we hear this quite a bit!), I couldn't love our sleeping arrangements more! As my 5 1/2 year old stretches his long, skinny legs over mine, I try to keep in mind that one day I am going to wish I could go back to these days.  There is nothing I look forward to more than laying in bed with my boys as they tell me about their day, or we go through our calendar of events for tomorrow.  But the best, absolute best thing ever, is when I ask Ryder why he wants to sleep in my bed so much and he responds with "Because I love you mom!".  Well, ok then, I guess you can stay just one more night.......

No comments:

Post a Comment