Saturday, February 26, 2011

What Am I Thinking?

Why would I decide to start a blog? Maybe it's because as much as I long for "free time", I really hate not being busy! There are 2 main reasons I have finally decided to just start this: 1. My kids are growing up at an astonishingly fast rate  2.  I am terrified that I won't remember every tiny detail....

With 4 kids - ages 5 and under,  a full time job that is quite demanding, coaching, and trying to be a "part-time" photographer, there never seems to be a minute of calmness and certainly there is no time for capturing every little thing.  My attempts at scrapbooking have been reduced from self-designed scrapbook pages with details regarding every week of their life to.....a memory book done yearly (if I am lucky) from Shutterfly with just the "big moments".  It just seems like there was never time to pull out the scrapbook supplies (not to mention our house never needs any more mess!).  I moved on from the "good" scrapbook to a notebook. I would just jot down the funny things they said, the cute things they did, etc..... Well, even those attempts failed. I never had the notebook handy, and when I did - what was it again that they did or said???? So, in a desperate attempt to remember the most important men in my life at a time when one of their favorite activities includes snuggling with mom, I will give this a go.

I never want to forget that Ryder is obsessed with all things bear-hunting, he has to sleep by me every night, and that the kid loves PopTarts! Or that Brecken sat and stared at Ryan with the biggest 4-year old smile I have ever seen, and his response when asked what he was doing? "Just looking at you, dad!" Or the fact that Vance says "becomes" instead of "because", or the funny way that Avett's head wobbles as he struggles to stare at the picture over my shoulder. When our kids are grown and our house is quiet, I want to be able to read this, stare at the pictures I've taken, and be brought back to this very moment - when coloring was their daily activity, when their tiny arms would wrap around me, when their laughter filled our house, and when all they want to eat is grandma's eggs and toast.

No comments:

Post a Comment